Formula E is indeed billed as the future of sports cars because it is a speed racer that runs on electricity. We all know the fossil fuels will undoubtedly run out soon, and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. Therefore, we humans have actually started thinking about alternatives. These are indeed electrical motors that run all of our vehicles. Electricity is definitely the future because we are already so dependant on it. I am sure that, in the future, we would be more dependant on it. We are also having a mediocre time trying to generate more electricity in large amounts. We have solar cells, wind mills, and many more, and these are actually amazing ways of generating electricity. We just need a way to do it on a larger scale so that there will be a warm light for all of mankind when we exhaust all of the fossil fuels.
The premise behind Formula E is that not only is the car fully electric but all the teams with all of them having two drivers have been known to compete in an identical set-up with electric battery powered cars which are meant for racing.
- They actually reach exceptional speeds for cars which run on electricity. Its top speed hits at 225kmph, and it is amazingly impressive.
- Some of its striking features do indeed make it worthy for the Grand Prix.
- They can literally go from 0 to 100kmph in just 3 seconds. That is one of the best performances I have ever seen on the planet. This is amazingly impressive given that this car runs on electricity and we humans have given so much hype for cars that run on fossil fuels.
- The overall weight of the car would be 896 kilograms, and this would include the weight of the driver as well. The batteries alone would weigh 320 kilograms.
- They are also less noisy when compared to other cars that run on electricity. Their noise only reaches 80 decibels at the maximum.
- If you are wondering about the price tag, well you can stop wondering because it costs 500,000 Euros. It is one of the costliest cars on the market, and it is very rare that anyone buys it just for the sake of it. It is bought to race and race only.
- The battery technology has been known to have some limitations indeed. That is why the car cannot exactly perform in very high scenarios continuously after an hour on just a single charge. Instead of swapping out the batteries, the FIFA has made is very mandatory for them to switch cars instead.